Portland is very lucky to be hosting the first ever Gluten-Free Bloggers Retreat. To add to all the excitement, our amazing Pastry Chef Dori Oliver is sharing another gluten-free recipe with everyone.
Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Brownies
Description: Gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate brownies
Author/Source: Recipe by Ground Breaker
Chocolate chips are frequently made on shared equipment with gluten. Check to make sure your chips are certified gluten-free.
- 9 oz. evaporated cane sugar
- 4.5 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 2.5 oz. coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2.5 oz. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-1 Baking Flour
- .75 oz. non-alkalized coco powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position a medium-sized mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water so as to create a double-boiler. Add sugar, chocolate chips, and coconut oil. Stir occasionally until the chips are melted. Remove from heat.
Add the eggs to the melted chocolate mixture. Use a whisk to incorporate the eggs. Scrape down the bowl.
Add the flour, coco powder, and salt. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to fold in the dry ingredients.
Lightly coat 8 muffin molds with non-stick spray; alternately, use a 9x9 inch glass baking dish. Divide the batter evenly between the molds, or add to the pan.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. About 25- 35 minutes.
Cool completely before removing from molds or pan.